PEERS is an evidence based social skills program for young adults (18-35 years old) who are interested in making and keeping friends, and handling conflict and rejection.
The program involves a one hour intake appointment and 16 fortnightly sessions for 90 minutes per session with the young adults and 90 minutes per session with the social coaches (ie. parent/carer/mentor). The young adult program includes four sessions on dating etiquette skills. Assessment measures are undertaken before and after the program to ensure progress is being made. The program involves fun assignments to be completed between sessions to practice the skills learnt.
Skills are taught through interactive content, role play demonstrations and socialisation activities.
- Developing and maintaining friendships including using social media and online platforms
- Conversation skills; appropriate use of humour
- Friendship skills
- Organising get-togethers
- Conflict resolution; handling disagreements
- Good sportsmanship
- Changing a bad reputation
- Handling teasing and direct/indirect bullying
- Handling dating pressure.
*Private hourly individual rate is $195. NDIS hourly individual rate is $193.99. Cost for the group Program of Support will average about $170 per hour including a complete customer experience tailored to your young persons' needs (break down of fee schedule to be provided upon enquiry).