Are you wanting to take the plunge into providing intervention via telehealth, and want to know how to go about it? Research shows that 70% of health interventions across a range of disciplines can be undertaken by telehealth, and that telehealth achieves acceptable client outcomes and satisfaction. The main factors to consider are therapist readiness and willingness to embrace telehealth, and the client's confidence using telehealth. By building capabilities in both these areas, telehealth can become an enjoyable addition to your services on offer.
Introductory Training Package delivered through self-paced online modules -
Succeed Healthcare Solutions can help your team to:
- Consider the barriers and opportunities of telehealth for your organisation
- How to market telehealth to clients in a way that builds their confidence and enthusiasm about the service
- Identify the existing strengths in your current team for telehealth, and how to leverage those for the growth of your overall team's capabilities to offer telehealth
- Introduction to Telehealth service provision including set up, sharing information with families before and during the session, working in partnership with families, session types (ie, individual, siblings, pairs, groups), goal setting, seeking feedback from families, and measuring progress.
- Ways that therapists can to adjust their personal style of interaction to get the most value from the telehealth session
- Simulations of different types of telehealth sessions
- Opportunities for role playing exercises for staff including the initial parent (or fresh intake) meeting, an assessment, and an intervention session.
- The latest evidence on the effectiveness of telehealth
- Succeed Healthcare Solutions experiences, lessons, and solutions; as well as ideas to flexibly adapt a session.
- Facilitate your team to explore what your business currently offers that could work online, and how to adapt these services to suit telehealth.
Delivered by Leanne Hopkins, presenter at:
Keynote Speaker at Southern Cross University's Health Promotion Conference 8 May 2020
Introduced by Professor Julie Jomeen (Dean of Health and Human Sciences) as a “highly influential and high profile speaker.”
As featured in OT Australia Telehealth Discussion Panel (April 2020)
Telehealth OT Simulated session videos on You Tube Channel 'Leanne Hopkins' 15 tips for Planning your Telehealth Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service
Poll results before and after Telehealth training (March 2020) conducted by Succeed Healthcare Solutions and an employer - staff confidence delivering Telehealth doubled.
Guest Speaker on AHPRA Podcast: Telehealth in the Pandemic Era (April 2020)
The OT Telehealth Summit - launched 30 April 2020